Essential skills and experience
- Proficiency in spoken English.
- Experience of working with the general public (eg cafe, retail, events or in a community setting).
- Experience of delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Availability to work varied shifts, occasionally finishing after midnight.
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks as the need arises.
Essential person qualities
- Kindness and compassion.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- High level of attention to detail (to ensure the Garden always looks its best).
- Ability to maintain a high level of awareness and concentration at all times, while working in the space.
Desirable skills and experience
The Garden is a unique, inclusive community space, offering a very broad range of activities to a diverse range of people. This means that we aim to maintain a staff team with a range of interests and experience to support our ethos. While the criteria below are not essential, and we are not expecting you to be able to do all of these things, we will give preference to people who are interested or experienced in some of the things listed below.
- Interest/experience in gardening, nature and the environment.
- Interest/experience in creative activities such as photography, art and design.
- Interest/experience working with children, young people, vulnerable adults and/or older people.
- Interest/experience in cookery.
- Experience working within a café or bar.
- Experience of working within a fast paced, busy environment.
- Experience in basic carpentry and working with tools.
- Experience of stock control and ordering.